Thursday, October 13, 2005

Last Night

So I know it has been a while since I have posted. I have just been super busy with work and all I want to do when I get home is to sleep. But I am turning a new leaf and getting myself motivated to blog away!

So last night I had a great dinner. E and I made plans last week to have drinks last night. It had been quite some time since I had seen E so I was really looking forward to spending some time with him. We started emailing yesterday trying to figure where to meet and then drinks turned into dinner and then dinner turned into dinner at his place. Now I have only heard about the wonders of his cooking. I had never gotten to experience it first hand. Man was I in for a treat.

We started the evening out with Cosmos and shrimp cocktail. We then moved onto a nice Caprese salad with homemade pesto (I was very impressed over the homemade pesto as I never have the gumption to make my own) while E fired up the grill. Soon we were having a nice conversation outside on the patio waiting for the grill to heat up. Finally the big moment came when E put the rib eye steaks on the grill. Now I have to say here that I live in a three-story walk-up and the last time I had anything grilled was from some crappy steak house. I am too nervous to put the hibachi out on the fire escape like everyone else. So I was very impressed with E’s grilling expertise. E served the steaks with sautéed mushrooms (his secret recipe) and broccoli.

It was an absolutely lovely meal with even lovelier company. I can’t wait to cook for him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home