Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Restaurant Week with Co-Workers

It never ceases to amaze me how tacky some of my colleagues can be when we go out to lunch for Restaurant Week!

So today we decided to go to The Grill at the Ritz Carlton. I am thinking, “Sounds like fun… let go be ladies who lunch… chardonnay and Cobb salads.”

It all started when the organizer of our group never called to change the reservation from eight to six. Needless to sat, the snotty hostess gave us quite the look. (No big deal though… she adjusted and we got our seats quickly). Next thing you know, another colleague is asking the water guy for the Restaurant Week menus. I politely comment that we should just wait for our server. Next thing you know, he stands up and is flagging down a server to ask for the stupid Restaurant Week menu. I quickly turn red and excuse myself to the restroom. Most of the lunch goes fine until it is time for the bill. The same colleague wants again raises his hand and snaps at the waiter. All I could do was roll my eyes only to get caught by my manager.

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Dop said...

Some people just weren't raised right.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

UGH I HATE people who don't know how to act.

This is why my best friend and I carefully screen who is allowed to dine at the country club...haha.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Chrisafer said...

Ugh, and especially during Restaurant Week when they're usually slammed and making much less in tips than they normally would.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous wufpup said...

it's called being raised in a barn, i think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home