Friday, September 16, 2005

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

I love Team Lady's night out on Thursday. It's become a bit of routine like we used to have back when Adam was still with us--those formative days of the gay 20's when our routine stretched from Thursday evening to Monday evening, bouncing from Jr.'s to Cobalt, to Jr.'s to Cobalt and back to Jr.'s. (deep breath and sigh). I think Thursday is about all I can handle nowadays.

I'm aging, finally. How do I know this? I used to go to Apex even when I knew I was too old for the average crowd. I know, but I persisted out of denial, all along being shamed by the thought of becoming an ogre that panders for youth and settles for copping a feel on college night at the gay bars. But two weeks ago, I walked into Apex with a different perspective. Those lustful thoughts were still present, but they were being weighed in a sort of balance. A counterpoint could be heard to my familiar tune. And that paradox, simply put, was patience. Or rather, a lack thereof. I simply don't have the patience for it anymore.

So, I've traded in Apex for Green Lantern. It still requires patience, but of a different kind. And few and far between does it need to be exercised to the extent were I at Apex. There is the shirtless aspect. There is still the banter. There is still the ass grabbing. And there is the occasional older ogre than I that you have to beat off with a stick, but over all it sits well with me. I'm ok with the Green Lantern. Check my ID, give me my plastic cup and I'll take my shirt off and belly up to the bar for free liquor any ole' day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home