Friday, December 30, 2005

Printer Rules

Here are two quick rules that should be adhered to when using a communal office printer. I would like to believe that these rules wouldn't have to be spelled out, but two coworkers this week had proved me wrong.

#1. When printing out personal information (i.e. the receipt for the prescription drugs you ordered online) it is highly advised that you obtain your print out immediately and do not leave it at the printer for several hours. You never know who may stumble upon that information...

#2. If you stumble upon a print out that contains sensitive and personal information about a coworker, discretely deliver the paper to them or leave at the printer and pretend you never read it. It is not acceptable behavior to immediately show others nearby that your coworker is taking antidepressants & Valtrex. Aside from giving yourself bad karma by just being kinda cruel - you're probably not gonna score points from the people you show it to. Honestly I could do without the mental image of a 50 something year old vagina with herpes....

That is all for now.

Thank you

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger The Boy said...

But now we've all just gotta know! Who is it?????!!!????

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger d-town said...

And, that, my friends, is why I'm thankful to have my own printer in my office. Hootie Hoot!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Stef said...

I wish I had my own printer! I would add, if you are searching for jobs secretly, don't leave printouts of job announcements or your resume sitting there for hours, either!

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home