Thursday, October 20, 2005

A fool and his money...

So my iPod totally crapped out at me today at work. It's been having some issues for the better part of this month but seemed to be back to normal over the course of the past week or so. I thought things had improved.

I was wrong...

Today the second I got into work it started playing the first 5 or 10 seconds of every song, pause for a good 5 seconds, and then skip to the next song. Finally it stopped all together. I reset it, the apple icon flashed at me, followed by a folder and exclamation point. No amount of resets would bring this baby back to life.

I checked iPod's website for help and found none. I went to iPodlounge and still no such luck. I called customer support and was told that you are only allowed one free tech question within the first 90 days and after that it'll cost you $58 a pop. Yikes!

So I got to thinking. I may be able to fix it when I get home and reinstall everything (update - no such luck), but I've done that several times lately and it's clear there is a more serious problem. It's been acting up a lot lately and needs to go see the iPod doctor. That would involve sending it away and waiting for an extended period without my baby.

Maybe my baby was telling me something...

Maybe she wanted me to find something better...

Something with more storage...

Something with color...

Something that can play video....



Yes, in 5-7 business days I will be the proud owner of the new 60 gig, video playing iPod. I soooooo do not have the abundance of money that would justify such a purchase but I found rationalization in other forms. First of all I'm a music WHORE. To the point where I've outgrown my current 20 gig. I've been finding myself torn as what to delete off my iPod to make room for new stuff. Second of all, well I don't really have a second of all....I just used the dead iPod in front of me and my addiction to music to justify this purchase....

That's alright, right?

(FYI - I was a little hesitant to post this, but damn it I'm not ashamed to admit my love for Dolly - the last song my iPod played all the way through was Dolly Parton's "Here You Come Again")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home