Wednesday, January 04, 2006

some randomness...

1. While doing some last minute Christmas shopping I was in a store that specialized in kitschy items. I found a hand towel that would be a perfect gag-gift for a friend of mine. It was a towel with a little cartoon picture of a sperm on it. I also found a kitschy little item for myself - a plush doll Jesus. I went to the register and the cashier was all excited to see my Jesus purchase. She told me how much she loved Jesus, she loves his work and she wants to buy a "Jesus is my homeboy" shirt. I thought she was on the same kitschy Jesus page as me - but as I soon found out - I was mistaken. She put Jesus in the bag and went to ring up my other purchase. She took one look at the cum towel and turned to another employee "oh my - do we really sell these - i...i just can't beli....i...we would really sell something like....oh my, oh my..." Meanwhile the customers in line behind me are trying to peer over my shoulder to see what offending item I was trying to purchase. My face turned bright red. I was being shamed. As she began to calm down she told me my total as she was about ready to put the cum towel in the bag. Suddenly she realizes what else is already in the bag and screams out "oh I just can NOT put this in the same bag as Jesus!!!" and gets a new bag for the cum towel. *sigh*

2. New Years Eve is the worst possible night for bar employees. Arriving to the bar 6 hours early to help decorate didn't bother me - goofing off while blowing up balloons with quality peeps is actually kinda fun. It's the rest of the night that is the problem. Most of your regulars are headed off to private parties and the bar becomes full of people who go out just one or two nights a year. It becomes complete amateur night. People don't know how to order drinks, tip the bartender or hold their alcohol. Oh and karaoke can be headache inducing on it's own - do we really need to give a bar full of drunk people noisemakers and horns? I think not...

3. There is no better way to roll in the New Year than spending Jan 1 and 2 in bed/on the couch watching "I Love the 90s" and Season 1 of Alias. Complete waste of time - but absolute heaven. Much needed unwind time was mine all mine.

4. If the first uh, husband-for-a-night, is any indication of how the rest of 2006 will go I am very pleased. Complete goldicocks - not too big, not too small - just right......what a great way to welcome the new year...

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Stef said...

My only question is... what would she put in the same bag as Jesus? Is nothing sacred?!?

Happy New Year!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Dumbek said...

Like Jesus never pounded one out before.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger goblinbox said...

And as we all know, God didn't make sperm. It's diiiiiirrrrty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home