Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend recap

Hey there kiddies!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was waaaay to short, but a nice one none-the-less.

The bar was busy both Fri & Sat nights, to the point of being record breaking. Friday night I had my personal highest ring for a Friday, Saturday I had my personal highest ring for a Saturday. Management was very happy with me and my karaoke host. We done good :)

The crowds were another story though.....great crowd on Friday including The Boy, the Drunk Girl and a slew of coworkers from my day job. Saturday was ummm....well....a bit lacking Things started off great with some guys I guilted into coming. However after their departure over to blowoff, things just took a huge spiral downwards. There was crowd of hot guys that knew they were hot. The philosophy seemed to be "oh i don't need to tip, the pleasure of serving a hot guy like me should be reward enough". Needless to say, Mr. Bartender got real cranky, real quick. My apologies to anyone that may have seen me not being my normal chipper self. It was good seeing yout boys, sorry I let the assholes taint my mood.

So sadly, while it was a record breaking night in sales, I walked away with a less than I normally do on Saturdays. There is something seriously wrong with that...

Sunday I woke up early to see one of my regulars in Shakespeare Theater's production of "Don Juan". Note to self, morality play + lack of sleep + empty stomach = bad news. The show itself was alright, but I was so not in the mindset to truly enjoy it. A matinee performance of ANYTHING on Sunday following bartending is unadvised, much less a play that features a fair share of long soliloquies on good clean moral living....

um speaking of good moral living - heh - i'm really digging this man crush guy...he kinda excites me....a lot....good to know the emotions aren't nearly cut off the way i thought they were. It's a tad bit frightening to feel certain vulnerabilites begin to expose themselves again, but it's for the best i think.... I've found the rational side of me creep every once in awhile saying 'woah, don't get too excited, get to know this guy' but then we'll have another date and it just feels right. So I'm going with it....scary though it may be, it's feels pretty freakin' great....and if it doesn't work out, then at the very least I know that I'm not fully the cynical close hearted guy I was fearing I was!!

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger TOS said...

I hope those pretty boys choked on their limes... I used to work for tips and nothing gets me on a tear like the no-tip-patron-slip... I'm a broke university employee lackie/grad student now and cashflow is a weakpoint... if I can find a couple bucks for the guy behind the bar or parking my car (at the mandatory valet garage - will be happy when my classes are back on campus!) these bitches in $300 true religion jeans need to drop the attitude and drop the cash instead... but i digress - I'm in proletariat mood today...

you man crush away - it's spring now - beat that rational side down for a while. The last time I did that I ended up with my Boo (sigh) and I constantly remind myself to quit playing by the rules so much - every time I don't, I get rewarded :-)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger The Boy said...

There were some good looking dudes in there...

however, I'd pick wealth over good looks any day....but that's just the forward-thinking-superficial-b*tch I am.....

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger DC said...

I agree with the boy... in the immortal words of the vampire known as senorita kidman...

"Men grow cold as girls grow old
And we all lose our charms in the end
But square-cut or pear-shaped
These rocks don't lose their shape
Diamonds are a girl's best friend"

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Catholic boys and your guilt... I have no guilt, I come because I want to. I'm sorry to hear things went downhill, though I suspected it might slide when guys started leaving a buck for two light beers. I'm prejudiced against light beers.

Hot guys who knew they were hot, or newly unemployed strippers? As opposed to the bartender who makes all the uniforms huddle in a corner and nervously giggle at his approachable hotness. You're too nice for your own good.

I don't think anyone would ever believe you had a closed heart, you big softie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home