Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm So Excited - I'm So Scared!

The passing of June Pointer got me thinking back to my favorite episode of the late 80s early 90s classic tv show - Saved By The Bell.

In this particular episode Jessie, Kelly and Lisa created a girl group called "the Hot Sundaes" for a local talent competition. Zach served as their manager and helped them produce this sexy music video:




"Put your mind to it, go for it, get down and break a sweat
Rock and roll, you ain't seen nothing yet"


Ever the over-achiever, Jessie was under incredible pressure to maintain good grades, get accepted to a good university and keep the band going. With not enough hours in the day she found herself with an addiction to no-doze pills...



All came to a head in a particularly emotional scene where Zach confronted Jessie with her addiction. She attempted to prove how okay she was by singing the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited" until she broke down into tears with the phrase "I'm so excited.....I'm soooooo......scared".....



This poignant episode taught an important lesson on the dangers of over the counter caffeine to millions of children across this great country. Several million more across the world upon syndication and subsequent translation in various languages.

Thank you NBC for producing such ground breaking television. You truly saved me from walking down a very dangerous path...



Get your official shirt
here

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

That is the BEST episode...I always quote it.

Ahh totally underrated...

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

God I have more comments..

1. Can we say this music video was Elizabeth's call to SHOWGIRLS - the classic film? Perhaps...

2. SBTB contributed to my wanting to start a band. Did anyone ever see the episodes where they were ZACK ATTACK? I have the songs on my ipod. Seriously. In addition to SBTB, there was California Dreams...

3. Oh God, I might just have to do a post on this too...

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger TOS said...

ironic you should post about this - i watched a little SBTB the other day... I always had a crush on Zach :-)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said...

And how appropriate that on 4/20 on Adult Swim...this episode airs...

4/20: 25 - Jessie's Song - Jessie is under pressure with midterms and her own singing group so she turns to caffeine pills, ignoring Slater's warning that the pills are hazardous to her health.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home