Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm All Out of Tears

1. After some on-going discomfort in my eyes I made an appointment with an optomologist to figure out just what was wrong with me. Well apparently 10 years of wearing contacts for 16+ hours a day - every day - can take its toll on your eyes. My tear ducts have decided to take some time off and don't lubricate my eyes as well, add that to the fact that contacts like to absorb tears it's leaving my eyes very dry.

The remedy - stop wearing contacts for a month, give my eyes some time to rest and start producing tears again.

*sigh* I really don't like wearing glasses. I never had. For some people glasses make them look intelligent or geeky in the cute-geeky kind of way. For me the opposite happens, instead of looking intelligent I look a little slow...like maybe I should have been put in those special ed classes....

I also can't pull of baseball caps...I'd love to be able to, it's just a look that for some reason never worked for me...

Anyway, the Dr. reluctantly agreed to allow me to wear contacts when I go out or when I'm bartending. Wearing them won't cause any permanent damage or harm to my eye sight, it'll just continue to be somewhat uncomfortable for a bit....and we all know vanity wins over comfort every time :)

2. Get a google-map of your favorite sex offenders!! Yes kids, finding out what child molesters and rapists live near you has never been easier than now thanks to the power of google. Simply plug in your address, click on the little red dot and get their headshot. What's shocking to me is just how many of them are SOO close to schools. There's a school literally in my back yard with oodles of minors running around every day and 2 convicted child molesters each living a block away. In fact there's one living right between me and The Boy. Very interesting site....

I wonder how long before I recognize one of these guys walking down the street....

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger DC said...

yeah I always look a little slow with my coke bottle's on, ah well maybe it makes up a little for the squint factor I've got going on.

There are like 5 sex offenders within a 6 block radius of my townhouse, I'm not that excited to learn that news.....

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Boy said...

OH MY GOD!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a hat person though I did buy a cowboy hat which will come in handy when the fall rains actually show up.

Yep, it pulls all that data from the SOR (Sex Offenders Registry) which you can get through the DC.gov web page. I wonder how up to date it is? Now I'll bet you may find someone you know on there, which is just too creepy for words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home