Friday, December 09, 2005

Date Derailed...

So the date last night was so-so I guess...not bad, but not exceptionally good either. By no means was exchanting enough to excuse missing this party or the usual thursday festivities - and probably not good enough to grant another go-around...

We ended up seeing Derailed with Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen (his recommendation - not mine). The movie was as "eh" as the date itself. Highlight of the film was watching Jen rip the clothes off of the ever sexy Clive Owen. Sadly just before she started blowing him the scene gets interrupted by some thug and the audience is treated to what feels like 4 hours of a stale wanna-be thriller. The entire time I was sitting there thinking "Alright Clive, I can deal with a lame plot - just take your shirt off again for me....no? alright, how about you just undo a couple buttons so i can see more of that sexy chest hair? no? alright then, yeah go get your ass kicked again *sigh*

Luckily the diverse characters at the Gallery Place theater succeed where the movie failed - in entertaining me. The only good thing about a bad movie is that you really stop caring if people around you are being rude. So naturally when Clive fucks around on his wife the chorus of "uh-uh"s and "oh no he didn't" from the black girls and gay boys just put a smile on my face.

After the movie it was apparent that my date enjoyed the movie so I played nice and downplayed how awful I thought it was. My "whew was a waste of time and money" turned to "oh well, that was kinda over the top at times but um still, uh...wow that Clive Owens sure is hot". That's when he wanted to know what 'type' of guy I'm attracted to. That's never good question for a first date - obviously I'm attracted to you or I wouldn't be with you right now, don't make me define the things I like that you don't have. Another no-no is to repeatedly ask if the other person is having a good time....once is fine, two is so-so - but around time 10 or 11 I'm about ready to punch ya....

So we parted with a simple kiss and after 5 minutes of being home my phone rang. He wanted to meet up the next day for lunch.

Oh no...

Time to give the whole "eh I don't think this is gonna work" talks....I loathe giving those...at this point I'd prefer to be the rejected than the rejector. At least when you're rejected you can get pissed off and drunk with friends and be done. Being the rejector there's a tinge of guilt everytime you see the guy. Even though you know you have nothing to feel guilty about, it's there....and it sucks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home