Friday, September 30, 2005

Reducing Crime - The Republican Way

Oh my, my, my....

Former Secretary of Education for the Reagan Administration, Bill Bennett, shared quite a gem on his radio show:

"I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky."

*sigh*

Naturally this is creating a storm of controversy and his defense is that his quote was a hypothetical and is being taken out of context.

So what was the context? Well I've read the entire conversation here. And then I read the transcript of him trying to defend himself on Fox News. While it's clear he wasn't advocating for such an action to be taken, his statement still speaks VOLUMES for how he feels about African Americans.

So Mr. Bennett - go ahead and appear on Fox News and tell me about all the work you've done for the black community - I'm not convinced. That argument works about as well as the whole "I'm not a racist, I have a black friend" thing does.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Chris Kalani said...

hooray for repubz!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home