Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rainy Day Afternoon

DC has been hit with one rainy weekend. To commemorate the mood outdoors I put the finishing touches on a on my Sad Day Song mix.

Now I know most people find sad songs to be depressing as hell, but personally I LOVE them. And it's not because I'm a depressing kind of guy. I'm really pretty happy the majority of the time. People who know me would describe me as a fun loving guy. The inner lesbian in me just happens to prefer Ani DiFranco, Lucinda Williams and Patty Griffin more than anything you'll find on the top 40 charts.

Now some previous mixes of mine focused solely on breakups. The first "A Night of a Thousand Exboyfriends" was named after a horrifyingly tragic night Mrs. Jesus and I had a couple years back. To date there have been 3 volumes that have followed that and I've exhausted a great number of really great breakup songs.

So for this mix I wanted to stray away from any breakups - there may be hints of a ex or an allusion to a bad breakup - but overall these songs focus on all the other shit life has a way of throwing at us - uncertainly, dissolving friendships, mistakes we make in our own lives, and just a general being in a funk.

If there is someone out there in blog-land who loves sad songs as much as I do, this mix may be for you!!!

  1. Platforms - Ani DiFranco
  2. World Without Tears - Lucinda Williams
  3. Invisible Ink - Aimee Mann
  4. Breathe Me - Sia
  5. Hole In My Pocket - Sam Phillips
  6. Grey - Ani Difranco
  7. Losing Hope - Jack Johnson
  8. Away - Kathleen Edwards
  9. That I Would Be Good (unplugged) -Alanis Morissette
  10. Sundays (Live)- Lucinda Williams
  11. Dear Old Friend - Patty Griffin
  12. One Day Late - Sam Phillips
  13. Everybody Hurts (unpluggged) - The Corrs
  14. Hey Jupiter - Tori Amos
  15. Wise Up - Aimee Mann
  16. Studying Stones - Ani DiFranco
  17. Hurt - Johnny Cash
  18. Revelator - Gillian Welch
  19. Ruin - Brenda Weiler
  20. Hey Kind Friend - Indigo Girls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home