Monday, October 03, 2005

So damn happy...

I’m in a good mood today. Here are some things that made me happy today, or at least put a smile on my face:

1. Fall Is Finally Here – I love this season!!! Summer in DC is just too hot and humid to enjoy. Fall is perfect. The sun is shining brightly and the lower temps and cool breeze keep me from getting too hot. Love being sunny but not sweaty. I want to stay outside all day!!

2. This week’s social calendar – after last week’s rehab I’m coming back full force this week. I have happy hours scheduled each day of this week. Despite making my liver sad, it makes me very happy.

3. Having a good excuse to eat bad – I love to read something like this before going to lunch. Helped me feel better about forgoing a healthy and nutritious salad and replace it with some fatty pepperoni pizza.

4. And as long as I’m being bad – I heart me some oreos. They are truly a gift from god. Not the fudge-dipped ones, not the double stuffed – just the good ole’ fashioned regular oreos. What a perfect way to follow up a fatty lunch.

5. Randomness at work – I walked into the bathroom at work today and saw an entirely naked man. Apparently someone wanted to change clothes and not being of a bashful nature he felt no need to be cramped in a stall. As much as I love naked men, the sight of them when you’re not expecting it can make for an awkward moment. Awkward as it was, I think it’s pretty damn funny.

6. Drunken Memories – I recall fondly leaving JRs last night tired and ready to pass out, only to get home to discover tivo had recorded me some Desperate Housewives. I decided there was no way I could go to bed without having my DH fix and so I grabbed a bowl of cereal and stayed up an extra 40 min past my bedtime. This morning however I had to rewatch the episode because I realized I blacked out half of the show. It was even better the second time around.

7. End of the work day – the thing that makes me the happiest lady in the world is that the day is just about over and I can go start my week of happy hours!!! YAY! ;p

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger The Boy said...

Is GL Thursday still part of that agenda?

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger DC said...

what are the hours for GL thursday and is that the HH plan?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mr. Bartender said...

Green Lantern's shirtless drinking is from 10-11, but as we learned last week it's best not to get there before 10.

I'll be up for happy hour, although with my work schedule I generally have to aim on the later side of the happy hour schedule - like 7:30ish. But you guys can certainly get a head start on me. Just let me know where to be and when!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home