Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everybody!!!

Not a whole lot to report from the weekend. It was relatively tame at the bar. Was surprised by how few people came out in costumes this weekend. Even those coming from parties managed to go home and change before going out to drink. Odd. Meanwhile I discovered bartending half naked produces surprising results. The lesbians were all about molesting me in the bathroom while the gay men were relatively tame. The boys were content to sit and stare, the girls wanted to touch.

Saturday night, thanks to days light savings, we stayed open an extra hour - which was completely unnecessary. It certainly helped improve sales, but seriously no one at the bar needed anything more to drink. People were absolutely trashed. Sadly management wouldn't have been too thrilled if I went and cut off the entire bar so I continued to serve and prayed they'd save the vomiting for when they got home.

One of the few non-tragic guys on Saturday told me I had a nice smile, which given my half-naked state was a welcome departure from the people staring at anything but my smile. So in a very rare move for me I slipped him my email address in with his change. He responded today and I've already lost interest. Maybe it's just me, but if you're sending me a first email don't use shorthand. Phrases like "how r u" and "ur turn...tell me bout u" should not appear in anything but text messages. I'm far from a grammar queen but not spelling your words out just screams lazy.


Sunday I got overserved myself. Brunch with Mrs. Jesus and Visiting Hottie turned into quite the drink-a-thon at JRs. Luckily getting trashed early meant I got home early and was able to sleep off a good portion of the hangover.

(on a side note, Cheers have to go out to Atlanta....you were represented very well this weekend...)

(yum!)

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger DC said...

Sorry I never made it to the bar on friday, blockbuster and my new boyfriend D. Giorno were taking up too much of my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home