Monday, November 21, 2005

Under the weather...

I haven't blogged about it, but for the better part of the past two weeks I was feeling a bit under the weather. It started off as the cold that everyone and their mother has had recently - but ended up developing into a full out upper respiratory infection. Middle of last week my doctor put me on an antibiotic which helped make me feel MUCH better by the time I needed to bartend this weekend. Even though I was feeling better, I was gonna be a good boy and finish my entire antibiotic as prescribed.

Now when I read the label it said I could take it with or without food - didn't really matter. So come Saturday when it was time for my daily dose it didn't phase me that I was taking it on an empty stomach. BIG MISTAKE. I arrived at the bar and felt my stomach beginning to rumble. Then the full digestive onslaught began to take effect. Ugh. I immediately popped some Imodium AD. 45 min later it seemed to fully kick in and help keep everything in check. Still it made for a long night. My stomach remained achy and I've gotta say it's just not fun bartending when you're wondering if you're gonna crap your pants!

Luckily there was an insanely handsome guy sitting at the bar so whenever I needed a little pick me up, I looked over at him, got a little fix of eye candy and went back to slinging drinks. Sadly, around 1:00 he got up to leave with his friends and it became apparent that one of his friends was more like a boyfriend. Oh well, he still served a good purpose for the night. Who knew flannel could look so damn good...

Around closing time another handsome gent had made his way up to the bar to drop his glass off before heading out. A brief smiling exchange was made between us and he busts into "hey are you single?". Now as I've said before I'm not a big fan of being put on the spot with these kind of questions when bartending so there was some hesitation in my response. After a bit of a pause i said "yeah I'm single". He picked up on the pause and said "ohh i see, it's okay". He took my pause as rejection - it wasn't rejection, in fact I thought he was a kind of adorable, so I said "no really, I'm single". Unconvinced and feeling unnecessarily embarrassed he says "it's okay" and runs off. *sigh*

Sunday I spent most of the day in bed catching up on Tivo and lounging around. In fact I barely left my bedroom until 6 PM when it was time to go out and get a bite of real food. Plans to celebrate a friend's birthday turned disastrous when everyone backed out last minute. I should have realized by now that i should not make plans for Sunday night as all my friends are recovering from their Saturday night hangovers.....

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger The Boy said...

The dude in the flannel was super super hot. Alas his boyfriend was old and decrepit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home